March 26, 2012

Stuffed Peppers

When I usually thing of stuffed peppers I thing green bell pepper, which I'm told taste like poison...can't say I disagree. They are stuffed with some combo of ground beef and rice or some other filler. Trying to stick with something more flavorful and lighter I opted for curry chicken stuffed peppers.


1 12oz can coconut milk
1-2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
2-4 Bell peppers
2 C Rice
1 1/2 C Broccoli
2 T Curry
1 t salt
other seasonings to taste

Prepare peppers by slicing off top and removing seeds. I have found that the membrane comes out easiest with a spoon. Set aside.

Brown chicken, steam rice and mix in curry spices, milk and chopped broccoli. Cover and let steam for 2 minutes. Spoon rice mixture into peppers and the put in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment