May 28, 2013

Blackbean Hummus

When I get stressed out I try to keep breathing and be productive instead of wallowing in my own self pity. Lately my patience has been running on fumes and I have been struggling in the muck. Fighting my urge to just sit on the couch and get to sucked into whatever is on the screen, I made dip.
A hummus to be exact. I think it turned out really well and my son and I have been eating on it the last few days. It is officially kid test and mother approved.




To make this dip you will need...

1 C Black Beans (Canned is fine just drain and rinse)
1 C Chickpeas / Garbanzo Beans(Canned is fine just drain and rinse)
3 Cloves garlic
1 T Tahini (Recipe at bottom)
1/3 C Olive oil
1 Dried pepper minced or 1 T of red pepper flake (yours choice of heat)
Salt to taste ( I used about 1 teaspoon)


Once you have drained and rise beans, puree in food processor / blender with 1/2 of the oil. Once smooth add Tahini, pulse a few times then add remaining ingredients. Puree once more until everything is incorporated then serve with pita chips or veggies.

Tahini
1 C Sesame Seeds
1/4 - 1/3 C Olive oil

Toast sesame seeds until light brown. Add olive oil and puree until smooth.


~Connect with me ~ 


Facebook : Chee Chee and Company

Youtube : HandmadebyKristen

Twitter: Handmadebykris


No comments:

Post a Comment