August 10, 2012

Kristen's Awesome Oatmeal Cookies

I’m bored…let’s make cookies! Not impressed by any of the recipes I already had, I decide to make a new one. Based after a pretty standard oatmeal cookie recipe I wanted to change things up a bit. So I just “winged” it. To my delight it came out well!


Kristen’s Awesome Oatmeal Cookies
1 C Butter (Softened)
1 C Sugar
1 C Brown Sugar (firmly packed)
2 Eggs
¾ C Milk
1 1/2C Flour
¾ C Whole Wheat Flour
1 t Vanilla
1 t Cinnamon
1 t Baking Soda
1 t salt
3 C Instant Oatmeal
1 C Dried cranberries
1C Almonds (slivered / chopped)
1 Pkg Chocolate Chips

Cream together butter and sugars. Once combine well add eggs, vanilla, salt ,cinnamon, milk and soda. Add flour and oats ½ cup at a time.

Fold in chocolate, almonds and cranberries. Spoon golf ball sized balls onto greased cookie sheet then lightly press down.

Bake at 375 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Yields about 4 dozen cookies (3 inches in diameter).

*** I put the cookies in plasticware after they cooled and they stayed soft and chewy the next day***

No comments:

Post a Comment