September 06, 2012

Roasted Pepper Salsa

In our home we love spicy and Mexican inspired food. This last weekend my husband brought home some peppers from a family friend straight from there garden. We are drying some to use later and the others I roasted for salsa!

When roasting veggies make sure they are clean and dry. I set my oven to broil and placed the peppers and garlic on a cookie sheet then drizzled Safflower oil on them (You can use any type of vegetable oil). I shook the pan around a bit so the peppers were evenly covered then placed in the oven. Make sure to keep an eye on the peppers, they will darken rather quickly. When they start to blister and get darker they are ready.

 
Roasted Pepper Salsa
4 Medium size tomatoes
2-3 Peppers of your choice
1 C Onion
4 cloves of garlic
salt to taste (optional)











I roughly cut all my vegetables then put them in the food processor. If you you want a chunky salsa you can just dice everything by hand or do not process for too long.

After making it I think lime and cilantro would have been a great addition and maybe more peppers. The beauty of salsa is you can make it how ever you want it and it still comes out good. Give it a shot and see what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment