September 20, 2012

Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread

It has been almost a year since I made zucchini bread last and oh how I have missed it. Last year I froze some zucchini with the intentions of  making bread through out the year. Instead it got used in things like pasta sauce, a great way to hide vegetable from those who don't like them. So I have been longing for some nice warm zucchini bread with a touch of butter on it. Last time I made zucchini bread I used my grandmother's recipe. This time around I am using the same basic recipe but a little more my style. I plan to freeze the bread this year!


Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread
   3 Eggs
   2 C Evaporated Cane Sugar
   1 C Vegetable oil (Canola or Safflower is best)
   1  t Vanilla
   2 C Whole wheat flour
   1 C White flour
   1  t  Salt
   2  t  Cinnamon
   1  t  Soda
1/4  t  Baking Powder
   2 C Zucchini (Shredded)

Cream together eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla. In separate bowl sift together the flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Combine wet and dry ingredients.

Squeeze as much water as possible from zucchini then add to batter.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Divide batter into two greased loaf pans or five mini loaves.

Bake for 40 minutes.

***Note - If you would rather use a muffin pan, adjust bake time to 25 minutes***


Our family likes to eat zucchini bread  plain, with butter and even with honey butter. To make your own just add 2 T honey to 1/2 C of soft butter. Try it out before all the zucchini are done for the year!

 
~Connect with me ~
Twitter: CheeCheeAndCo
Facebook : Chee Chee and Company

No comments:

Post a Comment