January 10, 2012

Blueberry and Sour Cream Pie

"What should I do with this extra pie crust?" I asked my husband after making quiche (See the blog 'It's my little friend Quiche'). "Pie!" He exclaimed. "What kind of pie? We don't really have anything to make pie with." After thinking for a bit I decided on blueberry.We had some frozen bluberries left over from brunch on Sunday that I made a blueberry compote with because we had run out of syrup. With that delisiousness still in my mind, genius struck.

Blueberry and Sour Cream Pie

   1 9"Pie Crust ( See my blog 'Gimme Beef...and Beer')
   2 C Blue Berries
1/2 C Sour Cream
   1 C Sugar (you can substitute for alternative sugar)
   1 t  Corn starch
   1 t  Vanilla Extract
1/2 t  Salt


Mix sugar, salt and corn starch then add berries. In sauce pan heat berry mixture on medium and then fold in sour cream and vanilla. Reduce heat after everything is combine to a simmer. This will help get out any moisture so your berry mixture with thicken to a syrup consistency. Pour into pie shell. Sprinkle a little sugar around top edge of crust for a little crunch.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until crust is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment