January 11, 2012

Cucumbers of goodness

When my son decided he did not want to be sleeping any more at 1:30am I figured I might as well just get up. Seeing as how I was not fully awake I figured I would make a cup of tea and a snack . Nothing really sounded good but I needed something to keep me awake. I decided on cucumber salad. We had gotten a cucumber in our food delivery box this last week which was awesome cause I thought they were done for the season, apparently not in Mexico where this one was from. Cucumber salad is quick and easy but flavorful. It is a great cool snack in the summer when nothing else sounds good. I guess I was thinking of that principle when that same mood struck. I am trying to teach my husband to like it too so I put some in his lunch as well.

Cucumber Salad
   1 Large Cucumber
1/4 C White Vinegar
   1  t Salt ( I like to use a course salt but any is fine)
   1 T Dill

Slice cucumber in bit size pieces, diced or rounds are fine. Toss with vinegar, salt and dill. Can keep in fridge for at least a week.
***Note -  If it is too bitter for you add 1/2 t sugar***

Check out my store!

1 comment: