January 20, 2014

Heart help in cookie town

After months of pleading and obvious hints from my husband, I made a couple batches of cookies. I have been kind of purposely putting it off to avoid sweets in the house. After the holidays we felt awful because we ate so much garbage the last few months with moving, traveling and holiday decadance. So I broke down, but atleast I made them my way.



I had once posted a recipe for an oatmeal cookie that was loaded with goodies. (Click here to see the original) I used the same basic recipe for the batch you see below. Due to not having everything and wanting to use what was in the cupboard, I switched it up a bit. The ingredients crossed out is what I did not use. What you see in bold is what I used instead.

1 C Butter (Softened)
1 2 C Sugar
1 C Brown Sugar (firmly packed)
2 Eggs
¾ C Milk Almond Milk
3/4 C Nut butter (Peanut, almond, sunflower, etc.)
1 1/2C Flour
¾ C Whole Wheat Flour
1 t Vanilla
1 t Cinnamon
1 t Baking Soda
1 t salt
3 C Instant  Old fashion Oatmeal
1 C Dried cranberries
1C Almonds (slivered / chopped) 1C Flax Seeds
1 Pkg Chocolate Chips 1/2 C Carob Chips

Once everything is mixed together, scoop out small ball then gently press onto cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Place on wire rack to cool. This batch makes approximately 3 dozen cookies.

I also wanted to make some valentine inspired cookies so I went with my tried and true sugar cookie. Check out the recipe here. Instead of a frosting, I used food coloring. You can use watered down food coloring or concentrated fruit and vegetable juices.



Simply add a few drops of coloring to the dough after you roll it out. You can then paint it around like water colors or blow it like I did. This is a great alternative for those of you who may be anti-valentine as well. The marbled looking cookies are what the dough will look like once you re-roll it for the next round of cuts.


~Connect with me ~ 

YouTube : HandmadebyKristen

Twitter: Handmadebykris



Web site: Chee Chee and Company

Facebook : Chee Chee and Company


Pinterest : cheecheeandco

Instagram : cheecheeandco

Twitter : cheecheeandco

No comments:

Post a Comment