October 13, 2012

Almond Cod Cakes

Let me just start by saying I have never made fish cakes and I really wanted to follow a recipe but I was try to avoid going to the grocery store for just one or two things. So this is a highly experimental recipe and I encourage anyone to help me make it better by leaving me comment below.



Almond Cod Cakes
3 4 oz Cod fillets
   3 C sliver almonds
   1Egg
   2 T Mayonnaise
1/2 T Old Bay seasoning mix
   1 T Lemon Juice
1/3 C Flour
 1/4 t Cheyenne Pepper



Cut up Cod and place in bowl, set aside. Put almonds in food processor / blender, mix until even amount is chopped up. A variety of sizes is a nice mix.

Whisk mayo, lemon juice, flour, egg and seasonings together then fold in Cod. After well combine,stir in 2 C of almonds. Cover and put in refrigerator for one hour.

Spread remaining almonds on parchment or wax paper. Form Cod into patties and coat in almonds.

In a cast iron pan warm 1/2 C butter enough to cook the cakes.

Once browned on both sides set on rack until ready to eat.

Sauce:
1/4 C Canola oil
2 t Dijon Mustard
1 t Dried Dill
2 t Lemon juice
1/4 t Salt
2 T Mayonnaise

For the sauce, whisk together and chill until ready to eat.

I served with Quinoa. Cook with 12oz vegetable broth to 1 C Quinoa and salt to taste.


It was ok, but definitely can use some help. I would love to have your input.

Thanks for reading!
~Connect with me ~
Twitter: HandMadebyKris
Facebook : Chee Chee and Company

No comments:

Post a Comment