October 30, 2012

Halloween Wall Hanging - Part 2

I started doing this project earlier in the month, got a little distracted and procrastinated a lot. I finally finished the felt wall hanging. I love the way it turned out and now I have a Halloween decoration for years to come that is unique and personal because I made it. If you want to make your own decoration for any holiday see my quick instructions below.



If you want to make some thing like this you will need:

Felt of various colors
Embroidery floss
Embroidery needle
Wooden dowel
Glue gun and glue
Ribbon
Stuffing (optional)

First figure out what you want to do. I knew I would be staying with in the size of one sheet of felt. With my perimeter set I started cutting out shapes. I picked similar colors of floss to do the outlining of each shape. Once about 3/4 of the way around the shape with your outline stitches stuff with filling then finish sewing down.

Next you repeat with each remaining shape. I also added some ascents like grass, the lines on the bat and faces on the pumpkins. (I do recommend sewing any designs on before sewing them down.). When completely finished with the stitching, hot glue another felt peice to the back the same size as the main body peice. This will cover the back of your stiches and make more sturdy. Glue top of felt over the wooden dowl then add ribbon to hide seam between front and back. And you're done!

  

Thanks for reading!
~Connect with me ~

Twitter: HandMadebyKris

Facebook : Chee Chee and Company


No comments:

Post a Comment